As an entrepreneur and CEO, I am always looking for ways to be more productive and efficient. That is why I have become so passionate about artificial intelligence and how it can transform the way we work.
After diving deep into AI over the past year, I have seen incredible benefits that any founder, executive or knowledge worker can tap into. Especially when it comes to utilizing artificial intelligence to streamline work processes and boost productivity. AI can assist in various aspects of work, such as writing, research, and design, leading to increased efficiency and creativity. Companies that fully embrace AI will thrive, while those that do not may risk falling behind.
Peter Diamandis, one of the world's foremost futurists, claims that there was a tremendous
amount of innovation between 1900 and 2000, with new technologies like cars, transistors, and
the Internet emerging. However, according to him, change is accelerating even faster now.
Between 2020 and 2016 alone, we saw the same amount of progress that occurred between
1900 and 2000 — a whole century's worth of advancement in just 16 years. In that short time,
we got inventions like Facebook, the iPhone, and Tesla. The pace is speeding up even further
now, as Peter predicts that between 2022 and 2026, we'll see another 100 years of progress, and
This proves that we are currently living in one of the most exciting times in human history. Technology is advancing at an exponential rate, and artificial intelligence in particular, holds immense potential to transform businesses and boost productivity.
The key is to see artificial intelligence as an opportunity, not a threat. By embracing innovation and upskilling their work, companies can ride this wave of progress rather than being swept away by it.
At Mindvalley, we have implemented AI for text generation, copywriting, customer support, code generation, image creation, video editing, sound design, social media, and hiring. Its potential lies in freeing up time, enhancing efficiency, and allowing people to engage in meaningful activities, ultimately leading to a better work-life balance, and, therefore, higher productivity at work.
For example, I have recently tested this on an outdated blog post on our website. In just seconds alone, the AI transformed it from a boring, textbook-like piece into an engaging article with humor, personality and persuasive storytelling — indistinguishable from my own writing.
We have also implemented similar techniques with our content team at Mindvalley, reducing the time to produce an article from 8 hours to 5. Consequently, more time opens up for working on other tasks that require human interaction and attention to detail.
As a founder, AI has freed up roughly one-and-a-half work days per week for me, too. I now spend that time reading books, developing new ideas, and launching products that have already generated millions in revenue. I have learnt to leverage AI technologies to increase productivity and streamline tasks that would otherwise require much more time to complete.
AI can also help structure and automate information within your company so that it is instantly accessible. This eliminates the need for employees to waste hours digging through files and folders.
At Mindvalley we have invested heavily in no-code platforms like Airtable to replicate my “mental algorithms” as CEO. This allows me to reduce the time spent in meetings and on routine decisions. Now I can simply consult the Airtable database to instantly pull up historical data on speakers, event performance, course ratings, etc.
In 2012, The McKinsey Global Institute (MGI) estimated that knowledge workers spent about a fifth of their time, or one day each work week, searching for and gathering information. With the right databases and AI, that time gets freed up for higher-level strategic thinking and increased productivity.
Here are some of the examples how AI can free up your time and increase productivity:
- Text generation & copywriting: I have previously created an AI agent named Adam to describe experiences across history. Though not fully accurate, it demonstrated AI's creative potential for ideation, books, classes and more.
- Customer support & experience: Tools like LivePerson integrate AI for faster, optimized support.
- Code generation & debugging: AI can now write and debug software, accelerating development. GitHub Copilot exemplifies the promise of AI programming.
- Image generation & editing: AI like DALL-E 2 and MidJourney can create stunning visuals from text prompts.
- Video generation & editing: AI can produce video from scripts and automate editing tasks.
- Sound editing & music generation: AI can generate royalty-free music, isolate vocals, clean audio, and mimic voices from small samples.
- Business operations optimization: Platforms like Airtable let you model processes through easy no-code interfaces. This creates an “AI brain” to automate operations. I have used it to partially replicate my executive thinking.
- Hiring & recruiting: AI can source qualified candidates and ask personalized screening questions tailored to a role, saving recruiters time.
The key is applying AI to complement human abilities, including processing data, automating repetitive work, and operating 24/7. This frees you to be more creative and strategic, highlighting the importance of working alongside AI to enhance our capabilities rather than viewing it as a replacement.
With the right integration, AI boosts your whole company.
Here are some of the key things to remember when mastering artificial intelligence.
- Commit to AI: Top 1% of AI users gain a massive edge in the industry.
- Implement AI widely: Ensure new hires are AI-fluent.
- View AI as a partner, not a threat: It augments human abilities.
- Use AI ethically & legally: You control its application.
- Start small: Find 1-2 high-impact uses now, then expand
- Stay agile: The AI field evolves quickly.
AI adoption is becoming essential. With the right strategy, you can harness it to work smarter, play to your strengths, and dramatically boost productivity. We are at an incredibly exciting point in history.
Be bold and lead the way into our AI-powered future.